Thursday, July 14, 2011

Praise God with me!

Many of you have been asking for some time now when I'm going to be making a visit back to the States, and up until now, the answer has been, "I have no idea." This is because my residence permit expired almost a year and a half ago, and despite several trips and phone calls to the immigration office, I wasn't receiving any information on a new one. Not that this meant that Belgium was holding me hostage or anything, but without a valid residence permit, if I had left Belgium, I could very well have been denied access back.

Well, I called the immigration office again today and found out that I have been issued a new 6-month residence permit! I have an appointment on the 28th of July to take in new passport pictures and the money to pay for my new identity card. At this point, I'll be able to find out exactly when this new permit will expire. (It's possible that the six months has already started, or they may start it when they issue the new card. Hard to know already.) As soon as I know exactly when the card is going to expire, I'll be able to set some dates for a trip to the States!! Can't wait to see everyone again!!

Praise God with me over this wonderful news!! I've been living in "limbo-land" for a long time now, so having this answer is truly a blessing from God!

I know this isn't one of the promised posts where I explain one of the items on the list, but I decided this news trumped one of those posts! ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I didn't know! That's really awesome you have that sense of going home lingering in the air. YAY! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tina! It's been three years since I've been home, so it's really great to know I'll now be able to visit!

    ReplyDelete